Sunday, December 28, 2008

Temperature

I'm in Illinois. You probably know that already. It's cold. I know, I know...Illinois in December = cold. But it's been really freaking cold. I think it was last weekend, when the sister and my nephews decided that it was time to do some Christmas shopping, that the temperature dipped down to -6. That's SIX degrees BELOW zero. Or...as my wise and wonderful nephew called it: "it's effing cold out there."

A couple of days later, it was a balmy 15 degrees above zero. Now, normally, that would qualify as "effing cold" but the fact that we had come from negative numbers...well, I won't say it was warm out there, but you could definitely tell the difference.

And my nephews thought that it was something that I should share because it's something that a lot of folks--especially in the South--don't realize: the 21 degrees difference from -6 to 15 is very noticable. If you don't believe it, come visit us next Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment