Saturday, July 11, 2009

"coffee"

I had a coffee date with a girl today. We could call it a blind date because I had never met her before, but it wasn't a set-up. My therapist, Bob, recommended about a year ago that I give Chemistry.com a whirl. I've met people via the internet before...my friend, Carla, and I met in an AOL chatroom more than ten years ago. But, I've never had a love connection online before. So, this coffee date was kind of an unknown. A new frontier.

She was a lovely girl. I'll call her C. We met at Mimi's Cafe in Lewisville. I'd been there once with my roommate, Dave. It's not a bad place, they have food for anyone's tastes, really. It's like La Madeline's without a) the French atmosphere and 2) the emotional baggage that I now associate with that place. So, I suggested it because it was someplace that I knew where it was and that was not too formal and stiff.

I guess it went well. She wants to get together again. We just sat and talked for almost two hours. But, there were no sparks. I don't know if I was expecting any. I just know that the last "first date" that I went on ended with an invitation to go home with her (I didn't go. I had Spanish homework.). This was not that kind of date. Oh well, back to the drawing board, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment