Sunday, July 12, 2009

Joe Popularity

It seems that I have some kind of sign on my forehead that suggests that the reader invite me out to coffee or something today. It's weird. I can go weeks without talking to another human being outside of Dave or maybe one of my nephews, online, but today I got three invitations.

#1- a chick from school. She's a grad student and a TA. I'm not sure why she wants to get coffee, but she asked. Seriously, this one really befuddles me. We have not had any classes together, we aren't scheduled to TA for the same professor next semester...I have no idea what this is about.

#2- my smokin-hot, belly dancer friend invited me to grab some supper with her tonight. I think this was just an opportunity to ask about my vacation and how stuff was going. It was good to talk to her. She's a smart girl and fun to talk to.

#3- another online girl. This time, it's from plentyoffish.com. I can't even remember the last time I signed on to that, but this woman messaged me, asking me to meet for coffee. What the hell, right? I mean, C threw no sparks, so I'm still looking for that sort of thing.

The really funny part about all of these invitations? I don't drink coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment