Monday, April 12, 2010

Mondays

This semester, Mondays suck. And it's not because I have office hours at like 9am--because I am rarely there for my office hours because no one ever comes during my office hours. And it's not because I work at the History Help Center from noon until 6pm--because I work with Aaron and Chloe and sometimes Kat, so it doesn't completely suck...unless, of course, I'm actually trying to get work done.

No, it's because of the one hour class that Chloe and I have from 6:30 to 7:20 every Monday evening. It is a living hell. It's called Bibliography and it's the one class that is required for all Master's students to take. Nominally, it is supposed to be teaching us secrets of how to research the hell out of our topics. In reality, it is 50 long minutes with an instructor who resents the hell out of the fact that she is not in a tenure track position, is bitter that she therefore has to work a half dozen crappy jobs to make ends meet, and thinks that we are effin' retarded and she is a million times smarter than all of us. What do we learn? Nothing that we didn't already know. But at least we get to sit there and be talked down to for almost an hour.

This one hour in the evening on Mondays makes the entire day filled with a feeling of foreboding. About two to three hours before class time, it starts to get really bad. Even Chloe was mean today. The only positive about the whole day is Bruce. He's a very funny fellow. I especially like when he makes snarky comments to the teacher and she doesn't even realize that she's being made fun of. Yeah, and we're the dummies.

Anyhow, the day is over now. Bring on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment