Sunday, April 11, 2010

A New Beginning

Okay, I'm going to start blogging daily again. Look out world.

I had a fantastic weekend. On Saturday, I presented a paper at the regional Phi Alpha Theta conference in Sherman. It went okay. I guess I just have a different definition of what "presenting a paper" means. Evidently to everyone else that I saw, it meant reading the paper to the audience. To me, well... I basically gave a speech, using the paper as a guide. I was kind of animated and energetic. I managed to stay at the podium the entire time, but don't count on that happening the next time. Anyhow, everyone commented on my presentation. Well, the three people who were there, at any rate. I don't know. It was a good experience, though, and I'm ready to work on some more papers to present in other venues. Bring it on, baby. I don't have stage fright.

I left Sherman at about 3 and it was a gorgeous drive home. I almost didn't mind all the idiots on the road. Almost. I got home and decided to take a nap. And woke up at about 10:30. I forced myself to stay up for a couple of hours, then I went to bed for real. No problems whatsoever in falling back to sleep.

Today, I went to the Rangers' game. They played the Mariners and won 9-2. I invited Chloe to go with me. We met Amy and Robyn, and Michelle(?) and Cheri(?) at Gilligan's in Arlington. That was interesting. We got some super-cool Ian Kinsler hats. I'm pretty sure I got a little sun. I ate three hot dogs and some Supreme Nachos. It was fan-freaking-tastic. I love baseball and I love the ballpark. It was a great day and a great weekend.

Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment